Friday, April 22, 2011

New Song: Can't Stop Hoping

I am a closet hopeless romantic.  Maybe not so much in the closet since lately the majority of my songs revolve around the theme of unrequited, loss of, or the unending search of love.  My lyrics are typically so sappy you could soak a large stack of hot cakes in them.  "Can't Stop Hoping" is yet another perfect example.

Can't Stop Hoping


Oh, you invade my mind
You do it all the time
The thoughts of holding you run through my head
But you never give me the sign

Oh, you eat through my soul
Is this the way it's supposed to go
I'm losing grip on everything I've known
And I can't help but just to let go
Yes, you eat into my soul

And I can't stop hoping, I can't stop hoping
I can't stop hoping for you
'Cause the thing I know is that if I stop hoping
This dream may never come true

I'm reaching out in vain
I know it must sound like I'm so insane
But if you give me just one sweet grin
Then I promise I won't complain again

I'm on a fatal trip
I'm slipping away like a sinking ship
But I know you can come and rescue me
Just with one word from your lips

I've waited a lifetime to hear that you're all mine
To hear that you're all mine, I've waited a lifetime

Copyright © 2011 Myndsye Music



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful song! I love it... I am going to link it in my next post. What a wonderful way to start the morning;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason,

    Very nice song! Lovely chorus melody and a lovely simple guitar part. The verses and chorus's balance very nicely lyrically, and the chorus has a lovely 'payoff' (the bit that audiences really connect to and sums up the meaning of the song)

    If this was my song, I would consider rewriting the verses in order to diversify the images. Some of the stuff you're using is great, but occasionally you resort to cliche's in order to fill a rhyme. Nothing wrong with that in a big, booming R&B song, but in this kind of intimate genre it really gets noticed.

    Also, the song dips in energy around the area of the bridge. If it was mine, I would consider rewriting that part to include a large dynamic shift, either melodically or lyrically.

    But great song, great voice, and keep writing!
    PP x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Matt! I truly appreciate the creative advice.

    ReplyDelete