Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Song: Face In The Crowd

I've been a musician for ummm...20 years?  Something like that anyway.  I've been in a couple bands that had close calls with "making it big".  This past year I've decided that I can't give up on my dreams, and though I'm getting up there in years (now 37), I feel that I might be past my prime to really get noticed.  At 37 years of age, I still feel pretty young but as musicians go, most make it (if they are lucky enough) by their late 20's.  Still, I'll keep pushing on.

"Face In The Crowd" is about this journey of mine.  I'll never stop dreaming.  It's in my blood.

The recording isn't perfect and some of the lyrics get drowned out by some of my over-editing as well as the fact that it's not EQ'd properly, but I'll get around to fixing it sooner or later.  Also, I'm still working on the drum track.  I'm not a drummer so that aspect takes me a bit longer than everything else.  I just didn't want to wait any longer to get it posted for your listening pleasure.  I'll note (in case you miss them) direct influences of Robert Plant and Queen.  I just couldn't help myself when I started recording this song!

Face In The Crowd

Who am I but just one small speck
Another face that hasn't been found yet
Who am I
Who am I but just one small speck

On these streets that I tread upon
I sing my songs to myself all day long
Strumming on strings
Screech like a cat in heat
Am I, am I, am I, am I, am I who I'm supposed to be
Yeah, yeah

I'm just another voice in the muddled sound
Another soul seeking treasured ground
Still I keep my shouting just under too loud

Can't get no rest
'Til I get where I'm going
I gotta keep moving on
'Til I find my way
It's been a long lonely road
But that's alright by me
I don't know what's coming on
Still I'll follow my feet

I'm just another face in the crowd

Copyright © 2011 Myndsye Music


2 comments:

  1. Hi I just found you're blog! I love people who share their creativity and emotions though songs, art and stories. Never give up on you're dream! I love you're lyrics because everyone trying to reach a goal can relate to them and they also really show you're passion. Keep trying you will get their one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Free-Flow, thanks for your comments and encouragement! Sorry it took me so long to respond.

    ReplyDelete